- Identification of the personal data that Wildthingz collects
In the course of providing its Services, Wildthingz collects, uses, and discloses personal data. Personal data is information that can be used to identify you or with which Wildthingz can link to you. You, as a traveller/guest or user of the Services, may be asked to provide certain personal data when you use our Services, such as:
- Names and contact information (work and home/mobile phone, fax, email, address);
- Traveller and emergency contact names and information;
- Traveller (e.g. meal preferences, special accommodation requests, other personal data supplied by you via your profiles, surveys, or other requests);
- personal opinion, views, interests and preferences
- medical requirements, and
- Travel documentation (e.g. passport/visa/driver’s license number, citizenship, date of birth, gender, photographs);
- Payment data (corporate/personal credit cards) and bank information;
- Logins, user ID’s, employee ID’s, passwords, IP addresses, and browsing information; and
- Sensitive personal data such as data about where required to be provided under law.
Wildthingz may collect personal information (including personally identifiable information or, where relevant, sensitive personal data) about you and/or the person on behalf of whom you are utilising the Services (“Your Data”) in the following ways:
Information you give us. This is information that you give us by filling in forms on our websites, online booking tools, social media accounts or other applications, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information may include without limitation your and /or your travellers name, address, e-mail address, phone number or other contact details, age, occupation, role/title/area of responsibilities, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph and other information.
Of course, you are not required to supply any of the information that we may request, notably sensitive data, although this might limit the Services we are able to offer you. While we make every effort to ensure that Your Data is accurate, complete and up to date, you can help us considerably in this by promptly notifying us if there are any changes to Your Data.
Information we collect about you. We, our service providers and other business partners, collect certain information by using automated means, such as cookies, when you interact with our applications, or visit our websites. This information may include your IP address, browser type, operating system, the full URLs, referring URLs and information on actions taken or interaction with our digital assets. We may use third-party web analytics services on our websites and applications, to help us analyse how visitors use our websites and other digital platforms. We, our service providers and our business partners may also collect information about your activities on our websites and other digital platforms for use in providing you with content tailored to your individual interests. The information collected for these purposes may include details about things like the particular pages you view on our websites and the actions you take on our websites and or other digital assets.
Information we may receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including Global Distribution Systems (GDSs) and other related travel suppliers for booking/ticketing purposes; industry reporting authorities, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, financial institutions, financial advisers, disclosure and criminal check services, police forces and courts) and may receive information about you from them).
- What does Wildthingz do with Your Information?
The Personal Information will be processed by us (or third parties approved by us), pursuant to and for the following purposes:
- verifying your identity;
- transmitting and receiving correspondence in relation to our services or products, including the preparation of itineraries and submission of quotes;
- transmitting marketing material as specifically requested by you;
- processing payments and refunds;
- facilitating delivery of the services or the products;
- to monitor and analyse your conduct in respect of the Websites and/or services for research and statistical purposes;
- for compliance and risk purposes;
- tailor make marketing and promotional material which the we believe may be of relevance and interest to you;
- to conduct market and / or academic research to identify potential markets and trends, to develop new products and services and to improve the nature of the products and/or services;
- How does Wildthingz store and protect personal data?
All connectivity is managed by our firewall solution, however the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and Wildthingz cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site; any transmission of Personal Information will be solely at your own risk.
Access and permissions for systems within our application layer such as our front, mid and back office tools are managed per application and in line with the user permissions management policies for the respective solutions, adding an extra layer of security/control
In a similar vein, Wildthingz only use data for the intended purpose, we do not hand off data to any third party that is not part of the process.
Although Wildthingz takes all reasonable steps necessary to protect Your Data, we do not guarantee that our security systems are 100% secure or error-free. Therefore, we do not guarantee the security or accuracy of the information (Personal Information or not) we collect from you and process in accordance with this Policy.
We endeavour to maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards which, to the best of our belief, comply with the relevant laws and regulations so as to protect your Personal Information from any unauthorized access
- How long does Wildthingz keep my personal data?
We will not sell, transfer, share, or otherwise permit access to your Personal Information with any third parties other than as described in this Policy however, we reserve the right to transfer, or otherwise share without restriction aggregated, de-identified, and other non-personally identifiable information as contemplated in this Policy
- Wildthingz social media and Newsletter?
Should you subscribe to our newsletter via social media, email or other platforms, we will, from time to time, send you promotional emails about Wildthingz special offers or other information using the email address which you have provided.
Whilst we love to keep in touch with our guests to share conservation victories, exciting products and exceptional services, we do not contact our guests via email, short message service (sms) / text or similar electronic solutions for marketing purposes unless they have provided us with their consent to do so. Such engagement shall at all times be limited, be relevant and we trust be of interest to you as our guest.
Please note that you can unsubscribe from this newsletter and marketing list at any time should you wish by emailing us your request email@example.com or selecting the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email you receive from us.
- Third Parties
Our websites or other digital applications and platforms may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our service providers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- How can I exercise my rights or make complaints?
Attn: Guest Relations